Role & Function :
Name of the Office:- OFFICE OF THE BLOCK DEVELOPMENT OFFICER SHELLA BHOLAGANJ C&RD BLOCK, SOHRA
Email address:- meg-shellabholaganj(at)nic[dot]in
The Office of the Block Development Officer acts as a first point of contact for developmental project between the government andf the people in the rural areas. It acts as the implementing agency of the many development schemes meant for uplifting the ruralpoor. The role of the office is to supervise, monitor, guide and impart awareness programmes to the people in the rural areas about the various developmental projects of the government (Central & State) The Office is rendering its service to the people of 133 villages in the region comprising of villages in the Indo-Bangla Border of East Khasi Hills District within Sohra, Sub-Division.
Organisational setup :
Schemes undertaken: :
1. MGNREGA: - Mahatma Gandhi national Rural and Employment Guarantee Acts, Providing 100 days employment to the card Holders in the rural areas.
2. IAY: - Indira Awass Yojana: Housing Scheme for the BPOL familly
3. NSAP:- National Social Assistant Programme
i). IGNOAPs:- Indira Gandhi National Old Age Pension Scheme
ii). IGNDPS:- Indira Gandhi National Disable Pension Scheme
iii). IGNWPS:- Indira Gandhi National Widow Pension Scheme
iv). NFBS:- National Family Benefit Scheme
4. SBM:- Swatch Bharat Mission.
5. CMSRDF:- Chief Minister Special Rural Development Fund
6. SRWP:- Special Rural Work Programme.
7. CRRP:- Construction of Rural Road Programme
8. IACDP:- Intensive Arts and Cultural Development Programme
9. ISYDP:- Intensive Sports and Youth Development Programme
10. DTFM:- Development of Traditional Folk Music
11. ASF/MF:- A. Small farmer/ Marginal Farmer
12. CD Scheme:- Community Development Scheme
13. MPLADS:- Member of Parliament Local area development Scheme.
14. BTRRS:- Black Topping of Rural Scheme.
15. BIRDF:- Block Infrastructure Rural Development Fund.
Citizen Services :
The Block has been divided into 15 Gramsevak circles, each circles comprises of eight or more villages. Gramsevaks are allotted to these circles to monitor, supervise and guide the villages in implementing the various Schemes (Both Central and State Scheme).
Reports / Publications:
1.MGNREGA Mahatma Gandhi national Rural and Employment Guarantee Acts
Swarnjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana.
Construction of Latrines for Individual Household Latrines – 4 Nos (Village Water and Sanitation Committee)
Construction of Latrines for Aganwadi Centres
Photo Gallery :